Thursday 27 September 2007

Mon/Thurs writings

Modern Toys
K S Mon/Thurs

I agree with this statement: “Modern toys do not develop the skills that 9-11 years olds need” because all children aged between 9 and 11 need physical co-ordination. This coordination teaches them how they can develop in society and communicate with others.

Children in this age should play with bicycles, bats and balls or some more advanced games like chess and reading books.

These things increase muscular strength and expand general knowledge for all children.

Narrative
M X Mon/Thurs

It was a clear bright Sunday morning. There was not a single cloud, only the sun was high in the blue sky. My family and I had planned a trip to the National Park for a picnic.

I was happily preparing the food for our picnic there, hoping to surprise my husband and children with some of the recipes I had learned recently from a cooking book. Shortly after putting the salad and sushi in packages, we got into the car and started driving.

Sunday morning’s traffic was light. We arrived at the National Park soon. We relaxed beside a peaceful lake and enjoyed the delicious lunch. My husband and I walked around the lake while my children played the ball.

It was the time to go home when the sun set. The children were excited; they talked and sang on the way home. Suddenly, we heard a bang sound erupting from the back of the car. My husband stopped the car by the road immediately, and we all got off the car. We realised the car tyre was flat. My husband and my son quickly changed the tire before night fell and we continued our way home.

What an unforgettable day it was!

Technology
L T Mon/Thurs
In what ways has technology improved our lives?
Washing machine
Telephone
Computer
Mobile phone
Microwave
Fridge
Internet
Satellite Navigation
Air condition
Dishwasher
Car

In what ways has it made life worse?
People have lost their job
People are more dependant on technology
There is more air pollution
People put more weight on
There is more diseases
We spend more money
We damage our health (eyes) looking at the computer
We get lazy

No comments:

Do you exercise

Do you like our new blog?

About Me

Any opinions expressed within are those of the contributors and are not endorsed by this site. This site is not affiliated with any organisation.This blogsite was set up and is maintained by Kerry Lynch. If you would like to know more about this BLOG, please email me your comments. students74@gmail.com

Total Pageviews