Wednesday 8 April 2009

Science in ABE





What is a Lilli Pilli? 
How fast is your heart beating?
How do colours mix?
What is inside a bubble?

On Monday and Tuesday this week, stage 2  and the Migrant Youth Group were busy doing science experiments.
Anne took students around the college looking closely at different types of plants.
Jenny mixed milk and colours in an experiment with surface tension.
Madeleine and Sally helped students to find their own pulse and heart rate.
And Kerry showed people how to make better bubbles.

After the experiments, we all talked about what we had discovered.  What did you learn?

12 comments:

Student Blog said...

I liked the bubble experiment and I tried it at home with my grandchildren they loved it. They clapped and clapped.

Student Blog said...

The colour one was very beautiful and I enjoyed it. Soraia

Student Blog said...

I loved making colours like a rainbow. Elsa

Student Blog said...

I liked the golden bubbles. They were big and flew up into the sky. They didn't pop until they were higher thsn the building.

Sonia

Student Blog said...

I liked the colour experiment. We added yellow, green and blue colours to the milk. When I put in the detergent the colours mixed around.

Halema

Student Blog said...

I found that my pulse rate increased after exercise.

Jennifer

Student Blog said...

I would like to taste Lilli Pillis .
Jacob

Student Blog said...

I liked looking at the plants. I liked the Lilli Pillis because they tasted nice.Now I eat them when I see them.
Fariba

Student Blog said...

I was excited by the chemical reactions.When I mixed the liquids the colours changed.
Kim

Student Blog said...

I have Lilli Pillis in my garden at home and they are healthy and green and flowering all year round.
Antonino

atembior@student74.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
atembior@student74.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Do you exercise

Do you like our new blog?

About Me

Any opinions expressed within are those of the contributors and are not endorsed by this site. This site is not affiliated with any organisation.This blogsite was set up and is maintained by Kerry Lynch. If you would like to know more about this BLOG, please email me your comments. students74@gmail.com

Total Pageviews