Thursday 3 April 2008

The Luncheon


“THE LUNCHEON.”

I have chosen the painting. It was painted by Claude Monet in 1868. Monet was born in Paris, France in 1840 and was an impressionist.

In this painting. I can see Monet’s love of the family. It shows Monet’s family with Camille, his frequent model, and their son, Jean. it shows a warm, domestic scene. In this work, Monet gives the inviting impression that the empty place at the table is set for the person who is viewing the painting.

I chose this painting because it reminds me of back home in the olden days of how they dressed in fancy clothes, hats and how they wore gloves.

It also shows the family sat round the table and had meals all together.
It makes me feel like I’m back home.

Sally

No comments:

Do you exercise

Do you like our new blog?

About Me

Any opinions expressed within are those of the contributors and are not endorsed by this site. This site is not affiliated with any organisation.This blogsite was set up and is maintained by Kerry Lynch. If you would like to know more about this BLOG, please email me your comments. students74@gmail.com

Total Pageviews