Friday 20 June 2008

New Life




Migrant youth access course new life performance

On Thursday, June 19 2008, our course students and teachers had a New Life celebration as part of Refugee Week in the ABE room. In the morning MYAC groups went to the ABE Room.
First, I came to the ABE Room. I saw many teachers and Kerry came to me and gave me my speech on cards .Then she said to us “Let’s have a practice’ and Kerry told us what was right and what was wrong so we could change it. After we had a practice, I saw many people coming in to our New Life performance and they sat down. Then about 10:30 am we started .The leaders of the community started to welcome everybody to our New Life celebration. After some people finished, we had Suya introduce our song and we started to sing .


Next, we had the Karen people dance, the dance was so wonderful. I felt very excited because I hadn’t seen the Karen dance before; it was so good. After the dance Kevin Heyes said a lot of the thank yous to all the members and all the teachers. He spoke for so long, it made me feel scared because after Kevin Heyes, it was my turn . So that’s why I felt scared. I introduced our art teacher Phong Le, he always tells us "YOU CAN DO IT" and he opened the art exhibition, and he showed us a video about our class.


After, the New Life performance we had many delicious foods and drinks. Everybody felt so happy and they were very excited. I was the one who served people. I brought the food while I walked around. I said "Would you like something to eat?". The people were very excited to eat and they took a lot of photos.
Finally, I felt our New Life performance was so happy and so great, because everyone was very happy. I think we should have more performances like this . At the end of the day we had to go home. We said good- bye to our teachers.


Jinming

No comments:

Do you exercise

Do you like our new blog?

About Me

Any opinions expressed within are those of the contributors and are not endorsed by this site. This site is not affiliated with any organisation.This blogsite was set up and is maintained by Kerry Lynch. If you would like to know more about this BLOG, please email me your comments. students74@gmail.com

Total Pageviews